Friday, November 8, 2013

Stomach. Bug.


I do not like this
feeling yucky.
I do not like
when I feel sucky.

I do not like this
stomach bug.
I think I need
a Daddy hug.

Would I? Could I?
Barf all day?
Yes, Mom! Yes, Mom!
I think I may...

I woke up icky.
I woke up sticky.
I asked my Mommy,
if she please,
Would she, could she,
clean barf off me?

I have thrown up in my crib.
I have thrown up in my bib.
I have thrown up in my high chair.
This bug is my parents' nightmare.

I have thrown up in our home.
I have thrown up on the phone.
I have thrown up here and there.
I have thrown up on the stairs!

I have thrown up in Mommy's bed.
I have thrown up on Oscar's head.
I have thrown up reading books.
I have thrown up while Mommy cooks.

I have thrown up in an old rag.
I have thrown up in a trash bag.
I have thrown up on the doctor's floor
As the nurse walked through the door...

I have thrown up on Mom's shirt.
I have thrown up in the dirt.
I have thrown up all around.
I even threw up in my princess crown!

I have thrown up in things that are weird.
I have thrown up in Daddy's beard.
I have thrown up on the bathroom mat.
I have thrown up wearing Daddy's hat.

I have thrown up with a smile.
I have thrown up for a long while.
I have thrown up without warning.
I have thrown up since FIVE this morning.

I have thrown up on seven pajamas,
two of which were my mama's.
I have thrown up in Mommy's hair.
I have thrown up EVERYWHERE!

-Dr. Emma Vance Seuss



(pre-doctor's office barf watching the fishes)


No comments:

Post a Comment