Tuesday, November 5, 2013

20 Weeks Pregnant

Pretty soon this little envelope will tell us if it's a BOY or a GIRL! Yay!

How did I get halfway through my pregnancy already?!? Seriously, it seemed like it took FOR-EV-ER to get to the 20-week mark the first time around, but this time it seems to have snuck up on me. It might be that I've got E.V. to occupy my mind and time, or perhaps it's the fact that I've had a lot more mishaps so far in this pregnancy--including pulling out my back (like an old lady), falling down the basement stairs (whoops!), getting the flu and now getting my first sinus infection ever. I'm hoping and praying for an uneventful second half because, well, I don't know how much more this rickety old body can take! :)

We have our 20-week appointment coming up soon, meaning that we'll be finding out if this little one is a boy or girl in the next few weeks! This baby is so lively compared to Emma Vance, kicking like crazy, eager to make him- or herself known, but truthfully I still feel like I'm "not that pregnant." I constantly find myself asking Ryan if you can tell my belly is a bump and not a lump. ("Yes, dear, you LOOK pregnant...for the millionth time!") There's something in me that feels like putting a gender (and thus a name, a nursery and the ability to imagine him or her) to this baby will make everything suddenly snap into reality...ready or not!




No comments:

Post a Comment