Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Kickpuncher

Ryan was outta' town, so it was just the dogs and I left to celebrate!


Just a quick note...the baby kicked last night!  Several times, in fact!

I've been talking to other moms about when they first felt their babies move, and it's been either about 15 weeks or about 22+ weeks it seems. For a while I've been having a sensation like the baby was pushing on the front of my stomach, but it never felt like what anyone else had described (goldfish swimming, bubbles, tickling, gas...). Thus, when people've been asking whether I've felt the baby, I've not been sure what to say.  I started to think that maybe I was growing an alien that was trying to burst out from my belly (instead of nice babies who tickle their moms)--then last night it happened!

It was 11:30 p.m. on the dot, and I was watching Teen Mom 2 (guilty pleasure), sitting on the couch with the dogs when I felt a kick...or a punch. I'm not sure. Actually, intuitively, it felt like a punch, but no one says, "My baby punched for the first time!" so...I'll go with the ol' "baby kicked" for formality.  Or, for those "Community" fans out there, let's call it a "kickpunch." :)

This thing is really happening!

1 comment: